Friday, September 05, 2008

Strange coincidence


I'm thinking.....that God does funny things that sometimes don't make sense for years. About 5 years ago I got an e-mail from a guy in the Ukraine, Volodia, who asked simply, "I found you on the Internet. I was wondering, could we correspond and can I ask you some questions?" It was a strange e-mail, but I always respond to strange requests like this in the positive...you never know what God's up to....but now I know. Earlier this year, after 5 years of corresponding and developing a friendship, Volodia came to Dallas to work with another church. I got the opportunity to spend the day with him. What a blessing. We had a great time together. Then I was invited by our mission committee to go to the Ukraine to co-teach with one of our missionaries. I gladly responded that I would love it and immediately sent a note to Volodia. He quickly moved into action. When we get to Kiev he will meet us at the airport and we will be spending the evening with Volodia and his family. He's arranged a place for us to stay for the night, and he also plans a trip around Kiev. The next day I will be preaching at his church.

Where will it go from here? I don't have to know that yet....that's up to God. What I've discovered, after having things like this happen over and over, is that God has a wonderful plan that may take years to unfold.

So, I'm thinking.....I wonder what God has in store for me next? I can't wait to find out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, that is so God. We never know what God is doing just outside of our sight. I have heard it said that the Rabbi's held that coincidence was not a kosher word. God is so awesome......!

Anonymous said...

This is the coolest story. I love this about God. I can't wait to hear stories like this one after the other someday when we're there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, God is so eternal, so timeless that He even uses the internet.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story! God is so big!

Schweers' Mom said...

I agree with Heidi...a very cool story. I can't wait to see what God will do!