Thursday, May 15, 2008

Remorse



I just got a call from a dear friend who is grieving over sin in his life. I have known him for more than 20 years, but he still battles his own host of "demons". Most of the time he is doing well....in the word, praying, upbeat, encouraged....but once in a while he falls and then his question is why even bother? He doesn't feel he's growing at all because this sin still trips him up. I feel so bad for him as I hear the remorse in his voice over sinning once again. But I know too that this remorse and sorrow over sin is a really good sign. We prayed together. I will need to check on him again tomorrow, but I know he's growing because of how he views this fall. He's grieved, sorrowing, hurt....how could he do this again? But it's that very brokenness that tells me he will be ok. I can't wait for the day when this fallen world and the sin that trips us up will finally be dealt with. I can't wait for the day when the battle will be over. Come Lord Jesus, come. I long for the day when we will be like you. I long for the day when sin, sorrow and death will be swallowed up in life....when you will wipe away every tear....especially the tears of remorse my friend cried today.

1 comment:

jhh said...

I identify. I too long for the battle to be over. What a relief that the war was actually won 2000 years ago.