Thursday, April 28, 2016

Amazed!

This morning I'm preparing to teach the first study in the book of Ephesians with a group of men.  I've taught this book many times, but each time I come to the first chapter I'm amazed!  I can't help it. To see what God has done and why he did it overwhelms me.  His love and grace, his plans and provisions are more than I can even imagine.  

How can I comprehend all this?  How can I teach it to others when it overwhelms me?  I stand before these first verses silent as I see that grand and wonderful work of God.

It begins in this way,  "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with EVERY blessing in the heavenly places in Christ...."

In just the first passage, the first prayer of praise I have to stop and let those words cascade over me.  Who is this God?  Why did he do this?  How can he love us that much?  Doesn't he know what I'm like?

It's because of the answers to those questions that what he did is so wonderful.  This morning, as I read Ephesians 1, I'm left speechless and thankful for a God who overwhelms us with his great provision for all we need. 

What a wonderful glorious God and Father!



No comments: