Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Observation #2- There is a designer

Is there a God or isn't there?  That debate rages around me, but in my mind it's the wrong question, the wrong debate.

It's obvious to anyone thinking that there is a grand designer, a creator....something or someone who made all of this.  It's simply too intricate and complicated to "just happen."  Chance is no explanation for the immense complexity of this Universe, of even our bodies.  

For all of this to exist there had to be a designer.  So, the real question we should be discussing is not his existence, but who is he? What's he like? How do we know him?

I use the masculine for this because this designer, whoever he is, is more brilliant than our greatest scientists, more artistic that our best artists, more musical that the most accomplished musician.  All of them reflect the attributes of the one who made us, who made everything. Everything about creation reflects personality, intelligence and creativity.

I won't go into great detail on my reasons for intelligent design, it should be obvious, but what I will do is name this grand designer.  I can tell you about him because I know him personally.  He's a friend of mine.  

This grand designer is the God of the Bible, Yahweh, Jehovah, Jesus Christ....he made everything.  

Observation #2- There is a designer and he is the God of the Bible.  

Yes, I know.  I'm taking great leaps in reason and logic.  But when you know someone personally and know what they have done you don't need a lengthy argument to tell about it.  He made everything.  

The challenge for us is not to get bogged down in the discussions of evolution and creation.  The very creation makes those arguments mute.  Of course there's a creator, so who is he?  What's he like? How do I get to know him? 

Those are the questions we need to be asking.  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions. See the link below for more info.


#observing
www.ufgop.org