Saturday, September 27, 2014

The worst sinner!

There is a humorous "debate" on another site about who is the worst sinner.  I'm humored that it is a debate at all.

When a man knows his own heart in the face of God's holiness we would each honestly say, "I am the worst of all sinners!"  It's a title we would each claim in the light of God's presence.  How wonderful is his grace that he would love one like me!

Ironically there are many who would tell you they will get into heaven because of their good deeds or personal sacrifice, but if they knew the holiness of God and understood their own hearts they would gasp in shock at how sinful they really are.

No one will get into heaven because they are good enough. Not one!  The truth is that we are each a life of filthy deeds and evil thoughts selfishly trying to get what we want even if it hurts someone else.  The true nature of man is worse than we could ever imagine.

And yet....God loves this sad mass of humanity and has provided a wonderful solution in the cross of Christ.  It's the only solution because we are each so bad that nothing else will meet the need.

Paul wrote these words in Ephesians,


Eph. 2:4 But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Who's the worst sinner?  I AM!  And thanks be to God he has provided a way for me through his wonderful grace.  

One day I will see him and he may ask, "why should I let you into my heaven?" and I must honestly answer, "you shouldn't, but because of what Christ has done and my faith in him I am your child."  

In a world of evil all around there is a heart that is more evil than them all....it's mine...but thanks be to God who has forgiven me everything and made me his child because of what Jesus has done.

Amazing grace!


No comments: