Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful


I'm thankful!  

We just got back late last night from my dad's funeral.  

I had the great joy of speaking at his funeral.  He was an example of how a man can live well.  

I'm thankful for his life.

I'm thankful he modeled how to live for me.

I'm thankful he loved me.

I'm thankful he loved God and knew him as savior.

I'm thankful he loved my mom.  They had just celebrated 63 years of marriage.

I'm thankful that this trip, which should have cost about $3,000.00 ended up leaving me money to give away.  I don't know how it happened, but airfare, hotels, cars, food, everything was taken care of and I had more in my pocket when we got home than when we left....so I gave that away.  (It didn't seem right to keep it.)

Anyway, I'm thankful I have nothing to sorrow about.  I had a great dad who loved God, loved his wife, and loved us.  We celebrated his life and I rejoice I knew him...and soon....it may be today...I will get to see him again.

So, today, when many sorrow over losses, I'm thankful for the wonderful provision of God for our lives and our family.

No comments: