Monday, June 24, 2013

Home again


My sweet wife and I just got back home last night from a wonderful week of rest in Colorado.  It was a blessing to have this time to get away.  I got to read a couple books, walk, listen to some music, eat some great and not so great food,  and just do nothing at all.  It was a wonderful week.  Now we are home.  Even though I have another week off I'm busy preparing for the weeks ahead.  

I'm thankful for rest and places like Colorado.  I'm thankful for wonderful friends who let you use their cabin.  I thankful....and rested...now back to life at home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachael and I just talked yesterday about how our society seems to need a vacation from their vacations because people forget to just "do nothing" and relax. They are too worried about constant activities and entertainment fearing boredom may take root and cause death. I for one, am happy to get away and do nothing. Glad you got to do some of that too!

Unknown said...

This inspired me to blog about doing nothing. Thanks for the idea Mike!

celestine said...

Jesus Christ is the lord for ever.unec