Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful


We have a strange holiday in our country. We have a day each year when we thank God for all he has provided for us. Now, I must admit that this original intent has changed considerably in the years since its first celebration by the pilgrims. This day of thanks to God has now become a day of family reunions, big dinners and football. Much of what this day was meant to be has been lost, but I want to use this opportunity to once more say "Thank you, Lord" for what he has done. What I would like to do is give thanks for one specific thing each day in the week leading up to Thanksgiving. I invite you to join me each day with a "thank you" of your own.
...
Today I'm thankful for God's faithfulness. He never changes. He faithfully cares for us, provides for us and keeps his word to us regardless of what we do. God's faithfulness gives us great hope and confidence for the days ahead. It's his faithfulness that we take for granted as the sun rises each day, as rain falls to feed the land, as he provides what we need for life. I'm thankful that I can trust God to be the same tomorrow as he is today. He never changes and that's wonderful for us. Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Just Be Real said...

Appreciate you sharing what you are thankful for. Blessings....