Thursday, April 09, 2009

Two key things

This short verse, Proverbs 3:3, is one I have memorized. Not because it's short, but because it speaks about two of the key things that we should intentionally weave into our lives- mercy and truth. It's fascinating to me that these two things are two of the most elusive in a world running away from God, and yet most prized by that same world. They want mercy, they seek truth, but don't want the God who helps us live them out. Over and over the bible calls God a merciful God and the God who always speaks truth. It's an honor to God when we demonstrate mercy and truth in our culture, and it's noticed because they are both so rare....

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenny said...

You spoke the truth of that verse to me at a very important time and the Lord used that to bring about wonderful things. I too now have it memorized. Thank you for that ministry to me.