Sunday, November 30, 2008

Time with family


Thanksgiving is always a great time to be with family and eat too much food. This year, for the first time in many years, we drove to Iowa to spend the holiday with my family. It was great to see them all. It's the only time we can get a photo of everyone because those Iowans who don't move away also don't travel....so if we don't go to Iowa we won't see them. (If you're from Iowa you know what I mean....it's an Iowa thing.) Anyway, it was great to see my brother, Mitch and my sisters, Peggy and Suzy. No one talked about it, but I missed our younger brother, Marty, who passed away 4 years ago. The photo of us kids just didn't seem right without him.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Glad to hear you had a safe trip to Iowa. We know first hand about Iowans that rarely travel. Tammy and I moved away so we are the travelers.

Mike Messerli said...

Those of us who have escaped are few, but we are out there. It's a great state to be from.