Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election day 2008

Today is the day. By the end of the day someone will be "king of the mountain." Soon we will have a new president. By tomorrow morning half of the country will celebrate and the other half will be depressed. Either way it's great for the liquor distributors....half of the country celebrating the win and the other half drinking to drown their sorrows. So, whichever side you are on I hope you voted so you have a reason to cheer or weep. Either way, it's good to know that God is in charge of it all.

4 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

Are you assuming everyone will be drinking one way or the other???

Zach said...

I am already

Mike Messerli said...

Wow, I guess you could read that into it. I was just remembering a statement made by an old friend who owned an alcohol distribution company when I asked how things were going....he said, "For me it's always good. When times are good people drink to celebrate. When times are bad people drink to forget." I sure didn't mean to imply that YOU would be drinking....

Brandon and Jenny said...

"Either way it's great for the liquor distributors..."

Hahahaha. That made me laugh out loud. Thanks.