Sunday, October 21, 2007

Raise the white flag, I surrender!


Well, the war is over....the kindness war I have mentioned in the last year. The war has been one of kindness between my neighbor and I. The battle? Attempting to mow the other persons yard before they can get to it. It's been fun and rather funny as well. Yesterday the war ended, I raised the white flag...I gave up....I have lost the war. We had been gone on a retreat and just got home when we heard a mower in the front yard. I went out front to find my neighbor mowing my lawn AGAIN! She smiled when she saw me. As she came around the yard she stopped the mower to talk. I asked her, "what are you doing?" She smiled, and said, "I got a new mower, and wanted to try it out. I got one with a key start and power drive." She was giddy. I responded, "it doesn't take much to make you happy, does it?" She said, "no, not at all." So, I raise the white flag. I can't keep up with a happy neighbor with a new mower. Let me just say I'm grateful for kindness wars when they break out. We are still trying to meet with these neighbors for dinner and pursue some time to talk. I'll keep working on that. It's great to have neighbors who are just too nice....what a wonderful problem to have. So today I gladly raise the white flag...I surrender!

No comments: