Thursday, April 12, 2007

Buying time and looking for caves


Life gets busy! It's Thursday afternoon, and Sunday is coming! It's amazing how busy our lives are these days. I have a sermon to prepare, and have not had time to pray and work on it as I should, as I would like to.....it's been so busy!

But we are in a time and culture that is moving at warp speed. How do you find time to stop, quiet yourself, pray and rest in the Lord? I find that the demands of this life quietly steal away what's most important, and we let them. Now, I must admit that I have not mastered this monster, in fact it's breathing down my neck as I type....so much to do, so little time....

Stealing moments...that's what I need. Time with God. He's waiting for me. He looks forward to our times together, and so do I, but when to get that time?

Matthew reminds me of the invitation...and so I leave you for my cave, I'm going to buy some time, and talk to God.

Mat 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
Mat 11:30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

No comments: