Thursday, August 27, 2015

Reflections

 "I now see that I spent most of my life in doing neither what I ought nor what I liked.” ~ C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

In this brilliant work by C.S. Lewis one of the demons quotes a man who finds himself in hell after a wasted life.  These are the words of his realization.

Profound words for our culture, for our day.  We find, if we think about it, that these words describe each of us as we rush about chasing money and success.

If you were to reflect on your life and make changes that make a difference what would those changes be?  

Life's short. It's easy to be miles down the wrong road before you realize you are not going where you wish.  

I think this is why so many completely change their lives to do what they most want to do.  But most of us will stay the course...going down the wrong road...unhappy, neither doing what we ought or what we like.


No comments: