Saturday, October 04, 2014

A little thing

Last night I was in another city serving a dear one who needed help. I can't tell you about it or I'll lose my reward, but I was thinking how easy it was to say "yes" to this small thing and really make a difference in the life of someone else. It isn't hard, it's just taking time, caring, doing.....it's really pretty easy.
So I wonder how God views these little things that we might see as annoyances to our time, our busy lives, to the things we need to do. I wonder what he will value, what matters to him. I wonder if it isn't these small things that make him smile the most. I don't say that because I'm doing one of them now, but because I really sense his pleasure as I serve this person in need.
The gospels say that the things we value God detests....and the things we seem to think of little value God loves. Last night, as I waited, I wondered about the heart and smile of God. I wondered how surprised we will be at what God really loves in our lives as we try to live for him.....
Just thinking a bit about, 

Matthew 6:2-4. "When you give to someone in need, don’t do as the hypocrites do—blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get. But when you give to someone in need, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you."


No comments: