Saturday, October 26, 2013

A note from a friend trusting God and having nothing

This note was texted to me this morning.  It comes from a friend who has been through very difficult days, but through them has grown more than he ever would have imagined.  Here are his words this morning,

"Mike, I am amazed at how God provides. At times, I received something or learned something long before I needed and it was only later God revealed why He blessed me. Other times when I have had nothing, He called me to give everything I had, only to see Him replenish 10-fold over. Still again, there have been times that I have prayed and prayed with seemingly no answer. It would come to the point where I had nowhere to go, no one to turn to and I would cry out to God  "Don't you care? I'm not going to make it!" The silence was deafening, but I finally fell on my face and cry out.  I said, "God if you don't want me to have this, I will still serve you. I will praise you and give thanks for all I have, for it all belongs to you.  If I gain the world, but I am far from you, then I have nothing. So Father, take it all away if that's what it takes to make me like Jesus. Make my heart clean. Let my life bring glory to you not to myself. I have been rich and I have been poor. I have been broken, beaten down and given up for dead. I have been rejected, scorned, laughed at and told I am nothing but a failure. But God, you have determined my worth, my value. Only what you think matters. I count it all for loss for my desire is to know Jesus, the fellowship of His sufferings and the power of His resurrection. I choose Jesus above all else, for He chose me, when there was nothing worth loving and in my eyes, nothing worth saving. He gave Himself freely for me. I love you Father! So if the answer is No, I will trust you. I will trust you with all of my life, not just parts of it. Holding nothing back, use me however you wish. You know my needs, my wants, my desires. I sacrifice them and surrender them all." This is the one place where I have found myself a few times in my life and where complete peace that surpasses all understanding has come...walking in His Holy Spirit and learning to hear His soft gentle voice even in the midst of this crazy world. God answers and He answers with faithfulness, love, grace and mercy. He never  abandon us. He never fails!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, yes! Thanks for sharing!