Saturday, August 25, 2012

Looking at the stars

In my last post I mentioned a book I was reading by Scot McKnight.  I just finished it.  It's fascinating how your views change, broaden and gain new depth with a good book, but they do.  I'm still meditating on Scot's words and thoughts.  They were a rich feast for my spirit.  

I think that I too easily become a micro-biologist instead of an astronomer.  I get stuck in the small details of life instead of seeing the grand scope of things.  It often takes the thoughts of a star gazer to lift my head to the skies again.  There is so much to see when we share our insights with others, so much more to understand when a friend says, "Oh, look at that!"  

So today I'm once more looking at the stars, but quite aware of how easily I drop my vision to get the focus on my microscope just right.  I hope I can keep my vision on the vastness of who God is and what he is doing, but I know I will soon turn inward once more and will need another voice to say, "Oh look, isn't that wonderful?"


No comments: