Thursday, June 21, 2012

Encouragement for the waiting

(photo by Caras Ionut)


"For from days of old they have not heard or perceived by ear, Nor has the eye seen a God besides You, Who acts in behalf of the one who waits for Him."  -Isa. 64:4


This morning, as we drank coffee and read, my wife read this verse to me.  We both paused to think about it, to dwell on the words.  "A God who acts in behalf of the one who waits for Him."  Waiting for God is a wonderful place to be if you know that soon, perhaps today, he will act on your behalf.  When you know the result of waiting there is no longer a frustration, but only anticipation.  


What are you doing?  "I'm waiting for my God to act on my behalf."  How do you know he will?  "He promised."  When will he show up? "It doesn't matter, he's coming to help me, isn't that exciting?"  


Who has ever heard of a God who cares about each of us and will act on our behalf as we wait for him?  Makes waiting a grand adventure, doesn't it?

No comments: