Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Friendships


We met for the first time in the fall of 1969. That's 42 years ago if you're counting. David and I met at freshman orientation at university. Today we met again for lunch. We try to get together at least once a year. It's hard because we are both busy with ministry and life. As I drove home I thought about a friendship that has lasted for this long. How blessed I am to have a friendship of 42 years! David and I both went into ministry. He into missions, I went into the pastorate. We have both traveled around the globe to share the gospel. We both seem to have the same mission, although it looks different in each of our lives. We have both taken 2 Timothy 2:2 as our theme for life and ministry. I'm grateful for my friend and thankful that after 42 years we still enjoy a good meal together.

No comments: