Friday, October 15, 2010

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy


Several pastor friends, over a great breakfast this morning, recommended this new biography about the life of Bonhoeffer. It's titled "Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy" by Eric Metaxas. It is a rather large work of more than 500 pages, but I got a copy on the way home today and am looking forward to reading it. Bonhoeffer has inspired me since college days and it will be great to revisit his life in Nazi Germany.
.
I'll keep you updated on my thoughts.

2 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

I just tagged that book for my Nook. But seeing that's it's 500 pages....wow. I've never read a book about Bonhoeffer, but have always wanted to. Let me know what you think as you read it!

Mike Messerli said...

I will keep you updated on the book.