Saturday, March 06, 2010

A reason to believe



I just started a new book by William Lane Craig titled "Reasonable Faith." I'm only in the intro, but I can tell it's going to be a great journey. Craig is a passionate apologist for the Christian faith and is one of the best thinkers I have read in a long time. In the intro his words caught my attention as he wrote, "The time for playing games is past."

We, as Christians, need to know what we believe and why. We are in a time when the Christian faith is being assaulted from every quarter and there are many casualties in the Christian church especially among our youth. If we don't know what we believe and are able to articulate it we will lose the battle and the opportunity to impact our generation.

In spite of my thoughts here I am excited to see so many Christians with a passion for their faith and an ability to defend it. I can't wait to see what God does in the days ahead as men and women once more engage the world with the only solution to our problems- the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

The Toneman said...

I need to check this one out. I am enjoying the Farrar book and looking forward to the Dave Hunt you recommended. Thanks again for the visit.