Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A prayer for the fearful and worried

Lord,  I'm so tired!  I'm worn out with the fears and worries spinning around me.

Lord, please help me to walk in the Spirit, not in the flesh.  To walk in the flesh is easy, but the price is too high. To walk in the Spirit is hard, but so worth the surrender!

Please help me keep my eyes on you and not on my circumstances.  

Please let my words reflect trust and dependence in you and not fear of what might happen to me.  

Please help me speak words of grace and not words of fear and anxiety.  

Calm my fears, my worries, my "what if's".  

Give me a vision of what you can do, of what you want to do.  

Help me to see your hand clearly, help me to trust you fully, calm my anxious thoughts and keep my eyes on your great love and ability to meet every need....both here and in every part of your realm, in every part of the Universe that I can see and all I can't!

Help me to never forget that even the atoms hold together because of you, and that includes my atoms!  

Lord, King, Sovereign, Savior, God.....I bow to you.  

Help me to stay on my knees before you in surrender and trust as the world seems to spins out of control around me.


Amen.

No comments: