Sunday, July 31, 2011

My new best friend, Jim



I have a new best friend. His name is Jim.

This morning I had the joy of preaching in our church. It was a great morning with our church family. And then we came home....to a hot house! It's over 100 today and will be all week. This is not good.

I went out to look at the AC unit and the fan was not working! Panic. Despair. Why does disaster always strike on Sunday? What to do? I took the AC unit apart, took out the fan and headed for Home Depot. Clearly they were not going to be any help at all, but the young man who told me they couldn't help did say, "But the Trane rep is here in the store today. Let me call her and see if she can help." In a moment she arrived and gave me the office number. I call it with my fingers crossed and someone answers the phone! There is a GOD!!!! He said he would send someone....maybe today, but probably tomorrow. What else could I do?

Within a half hour the phone rings and it's Jim! He said he was on the way and would be here in 30 minutes. I had a bottle of cold water waiting for my new friend. He looked at the unit, just happened to have one last motor in the truck and within an hour we are moving cool air again.

So, today, Jim is offically my new best friend. Thank you, Jim, wherever you are. The house is cool and the family is happy. In spite of the high price of my new friendship I'm thrilled with God's great provision of Jim on a hot Sunday afternoon in Texas.

1 comment:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

B&K lost air on Wednesday night last week... Thankfully B could fix it. I ended up over at G&A's until the deed was completed. Thanking God it was no more serious. AC - it is a blessing.