Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Dealing with dry times


I'm not sure what "it" is- busy, tired, allergies, distractions, cares of the world....but I'm feeling like I am in the middle of a dry time. These things always sneak up on me. I'm a rather melancholy person anyway, so I am never far from a down time. I have to constantly watch my thinking and my heart to stay away from a melancholy mindset, but dry times happen no matter what your personality.
Well, here I am, in a dry place. After walking through these so many times before I know one thing from experience- keep walking! Keep praying, keep reading the word, keep close to people. There is an oasis ahead, but if I stop here I will never find it....so keep walking and remember verses that have helped you in the past- Psalm 37, Prov. 3:5-6, Philippians 3-4 and many others. They are part of my "survival pack" in these dry places because I know I will need them. God is good, nothing has changed, enjoy the scenery, trust the Lord and keep walking with him. Dry times pass and you will find that you have grown through them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, Dry times aren't so bad, Just remember when we are in that dry weather pattern the rough weather with all the storms is going around us and and making life hard someplace else. The dry times are times where we grow tough , not quickly. Prepairs us for the gentle rain and refreshing, and for the strenth we need in the storm.

Mike Messerli said...

Mike,

thank you, dear friend, you are always such an encouragement to me. thank you.