Saturday, December 30, 2006

A burden


One billion people in the world are muslim! That's amazing to me. One billion people....for me this is a big thing. I care about those around me who don't know Christ, and that's a lot of people who need the savior. I have had a burden for the muslims for a long time, but frankly don't know what to do with that burden, so I'm going to pray. I'm going to pray for them, all one billion, to find Christ. And I'm going to pray that many will see their need and seek him. I have met a few muslims. Most are wonderful people who love their wives and kids and just want to have a good life. It's only a few hundred million of that billion who would be considered "radical." That's still a lot, but I may not meet any of them. So, what can I do? I'm going to pray for them, and I'm going to look for opportunities to talk to them about Christ. Christ died for them too, I can't ignore them....

Mat 5:44 "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Mat 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Mat 5:46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47 "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
Mat 5:48 "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I have a Muslim friend who I love...and pray for. I understand the fear and the deep burden. Its such a scary thing!

Anonymous said...

Better words than mine:

I would be true, for there are those who trust me; I would be pure, for there are those who care. I would be strong, for there is much to suffer; I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless; I would be giving, and forget the gift. I would be humble, for I know my weakness; I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift.
I would be prayerful thru each busy moment; I would be constantly in touch with God, I would be tuned to hear His slightest whisper; I would have faith to keep the path Christ trod.

-Howard Arnold Walter