Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Finding a place to stand in the earthquake


"The Lord is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness, and he will be the stability of your times, abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is Zion's treasure."
Isaiah 33:5-6

As I read those words this morning one portion stopped me, caught my attention and made me read it over and over again...."he will be the stibility of your times."

We live in a world shaking with people looking for stability.  Many look for it in wealth. If I have enough money I will be safe.  

Others look for it in their job.  If I can secure my position I will find stability, safety.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.  We are looking for stability in things, position, wealth, and a hundred other things....

...but God tells me HE will be the stability of my times.  He is the one foundation that will not shake.  In him alone can I find ground that will not make me fearful.

Looking for a bit of stability in these troubled times?  It's not in things or people, but in God alone.  He will be your stability and he never changes.

Lord, today I come to you and trust you to be my stability. I cannot find it anywhere else and so I come and rest in you.  The one who offers to be my stability in these troubled days.  Even in the earthquake of these days I can stand firm in you.  Thank you.  


No comments: