Monday, May 22, 2017

The BIG question

There are verses in the Bible that trouble us. 

They were meant to give us pause and make us think.

They were meant to make us ask questions.

Here is one of them,


Revelation 20:15 Anyone whose name 
was not found written in the book of life 
was thrown into the lake of fire.

Our culture will scream in protest at this verse.  It's a very serious verse!  It is meant to sober us, to make us think, to make us aware of a bigger reality.

I can imagine the protests and questions as I write this, "How could God be so unfair?"  "I've lived a good life, why isn't that good enough?"  or "I don't even believe in God, what right does he have to judge me?"

The questions flow as I think about a response from the world I live in, but there is only one question that we should be asking, one question that puts this all in perspective-

How do I get my name in that book?

That is the BIG question we each must ask.  And it means we must deal with a God who says there is only one way to get your name written in the book of life, only one path that gets you to the goal.  In a world full of religions God tells us you must come my way, you can't get here any other way.

As a Christian I'm considered narrow minded, simple, ignorant, politically incorrect and a dozen other adjectives that culture would throw at me, but IF there is a God in heaven doesn't he get to make the rules?  And, honestly, there is a God who made everything, rules everything and tells us he has written a book....

so I come back to this key question, this most important question, How do I get my name in that book?

That's the BIG question.




No comments: