Saturday, May 14, 2016

Battle for the Throne


There is a battle for the throne.
Men and demons want it.
It's a battle for sovereignty.
It's a battle for control.
It's a battle that began in the garden.

No one can tell me what to do!
I'm the master of my fate,
I'm the captain of my ship.
My life is my own.
I can do as I please!

But do you realize the throne
is not available for purchase
or conquest?

Do you know that the throne 
is already taken?

We are witnessing man's
attempts to siege the gates of heaven,
to take the throne of God!

Man, in our day, is saying to God, 
"We will not bow, we can do as we please!
We can be whatever we wish.
We are accountable to no one!"

But God is not threatened.
He is still Lord of heaven and earth.
He is still the one who rules
EVERYTHING!

He made it all, it's all his...
including YOU!

That makes men angry.

David wrote about it in Psalms 2,

"Why do the nations conspire
    and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth rise up
    and the rulers band together
    against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,
 “Let us break their chains
    and throw off their shackles.”
 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
    the Lord scoffs at them.
 He rebukes them in his anger
    and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
 “I have installed my king
    on Zion, my holy mountain.” Ps. 2

He is not threatened, he's not afraid.
His word is still true...
whether you like it or not.

HE made them male and female.
How can we now demand 
to be other than he made us?

HE made us to worship HIM.
How can  we now demand
to worship no one?

HE made it clear to everyone that 
creation is his artistry.
How can we say it just happened?

HE is King of heaven and earth.
You will worship him,
You will bow to him...
maybe not today, but one day...

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
 and every tongue acknowledge that 

Jesus Christ is Lord,
    
to the glory of God the Father." Phil. 2


No comments: