Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rage against God


I just finished reading Peter Hitchins' book, The Rage against God. This work wasn't at all what I expected. I thought, initially, that Peter would write a defense of Christianity in light of the current trends towards atheism, but in fact it wasn't that at all. Much to my surprise, Peter wrote about the rise of atheism in our day and the reasons for it's current popularity. It is, for the most part, a wonderfully written history book. For anyone who wants to know where we are in time and history, and more importantly why we are here, this book is a must. I enjoyed Peter's work and was once more stimulated by a well written book by a "Brit" who knows how to use words. If you are looking for a stimulating book I would encourage you to take the time to read Peter's work.

No comments: